It’s a new year and I found myself sifting through my personal make-up kit thinking 1. I never use half of this stuff, 2. It all needs cleaning, 3. I want all new make-up…I had to talk myself out of buying new makeup (I own a ton!) but I did buy a new eye palette I must admit.
I’m not sure how you organise your make-up but I have one draw that holds everything and one smaller sectioned bag that is my “everyday case”.
Having a smaller case with your basics makes your routine more efficient instead of spending forever trying to find things.
I organised, cleaned and replaced now it feels sparkly and new. Here’s how!
1. Take everything out of your case and set this aside.
2. Wash your case with soap and water, providing it is the sort that can be washed like this if not then use baby wipes.
3. Wash any brushes that were in your case (see my tools maintenance blog to learn how). Sharpen any pencils such as lip, eye, brow.
4. Sort through all the makeup you removed and take out anything you haven’t used in weeks (you can always put it back, but you will probably forget about it) this step is some what therapeutic I must say :).
5. Once you have chosen the makeup you definitely use. Clean the exteriors of the products with baby wipes so they look shiny and new again.
6. Finally once your kit and brushes are dry put everything back in, have a spot for everything that way it’s easy to find and you can have an extra two minutes sleep in the morning hehe 😉
I have pictured my personal kit below (don’t judge me!) my personal makeup is not as luxurious as the makeup in my professional kit, I often experiment with different brands on myself before buying them for my professional kit..any questions on what products are feel free to ask xxx