Today i am doing a tutorial on Perfect Cheeks, as well as addressing what has to be the most asked question to make-up artists of 2014 “Should i be contouring?” this video answers that question as well as shows you three quick steps for gorgeous cheeks 🙂
– Sun Shimmer Bronzing Powder (shade light matte) By Rimmel
– Little Round Pot Blush (shade Rose 16) By Bourjois
– Natural Nude Palette By Physicians Formula
Hope you guys have the best holidays ever!
Let me know in the comments if you like this video 🙂 xxx
I found the perfect product for bright holiday lips! If you (like me) are bad at keeping lipstick neat and tidy Lipstains are perfect for you. I love having bright lips, but when I am working, eating or socialising lipstick staying in place is the LAST thing I want to worry about.
The other day while I was taking my frequent (and quite frankly therapeutic) stroll down the makeup isle of Priceline I found these Lipstains by Savvy..they are only $8.99 and come in amazingly bright colours and they actually stay on for ages then fade away nicely and I love them! That’s pretty much it..here is a picture of me wearing the shade watermelon 🙂 xxx
For more updates follow me on Instagram @ktmakeup
So we all know it’s a big no no to wear makeup to the beach (unless you are snooky or Paris Hilton) you still want to look pretty, but if you wear makeup you may walk into the water looking glam but walk out of the water looking like a drowned rat..sorry had to be said.
Here are my solutions to get beach pretty!
1. Use invisible zinc tinted daywear sunscreen, this gives high sun protection and also a bit of coverage..best of both worlds! Be sure to reapply and always apply sunscreen 20mins before sun exposure otherwise you risk it being ineffective.
2. Use Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream colour to add a pop of colour to your cheeks..it’s water resistant but be sure not to rub it off..shade 5 is what I use but there are a few colours suitable for cheeks.
3. Make sure your brows are in nice shape..use a clear brow gel to brush them into place..it won’t last after swimming but it won’t leave any stains on your face.
4. Curl your lashes (preferably with a high quality lash curler such as shu uemura) and use a clear gel on your lashes as well.
5. Apply a lip ointment such as lanolips lip ointment with colour..not only does it give you some colour but it’s also SPF 15.
6. Lastly coat your hair in a hair oil, it protects your hair and when the oil heats up in the sun it acts like a treatment.
Slip, slop, slap! Xxxxx
You have gone away on holiday, you go to pretty yourself up only to realise you forgot your makeup 😦 noooo! Never fear..I took a trip to my local supermarket I will navigate you to the totally usable cosmetics.
The main problem with supermarket cosmetics are lack of shade choices and there are usually no testers. Here are some tips 😉
Foundation: Mabellline Fit Me foundation. They won’t have your exact shade, I would buy a light shade and a dark shade, mix these to get a perfect tone for you. Put a tiny bit of your moisturiser to make the foundation a bit more sheer.
Lips and cheeks: Kate Moss developed a lipstick line with Rimmel London these come in great shades and have an awesome watermelon smell. As well as lip colour these make a fantastic cream blush.
Mascara: Rimmel Scandal Eyes, these have awesome brushes. They tend to dry out after a few weeks but perfect for a holiday mascara.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner, not only does this last the whole day but it comes with a brush. You can use it for a thin line or smudge and blend to give a softer effect.
If you don’t have makeup remover I would also recommend Huggies fragrance free baby wipes. Why not makeup remover wipes you ask? Because these can have irritating fragrance and leave an oily residue on the skin. As well as being over priced.
Another handy thing to have on holiday is Batisse dry shampoo, keeps your hair less oily between washes and smells nice (it’s a bit strong so make sure you like the smell before purchasing).
Happy Pretty Holidays xoxo