So I know we all want to wake up like Beyoncé (flawless) but some people (a.k.a me) wake up looking like there has been a small tornado in their room, this is not helpful when I need to get ready quickly or want to look pretty waking up at a friends house etc.
So I decided to give some actual thought into if there was anything I could do to change the outcome of “tornado” mornings here is what I did and I found it made a massive difference 🙂
– Ensure all makeup is removed from face so skin can breathe, you may think you will look better keeping makeup on at a significant others place but the reality is dry skin and panda eyes! Not to mention the break outs from clogging your pores for the whole night
– Brush hair, spray dry shampoo in the roots and put an oil such as Moroccan oil through your ends then put your hair in pigtail plaits, by doing this your roots will stay fresh you ends moisturised and hair knot free (not to mention the effortless wave you get when you take the plaits out 😉 )
-Sleep on your back??? Yes this is a strange one but apparently sleeping on your back prevents sleep lines, puffiness and pimples caused by keeping your face pressed against a pillow all night.
– Just before you go to sleep put a thick layer of Lanolips 101 ointment on your lips, this will act as a lip treatment so you don’t wake up with chapped dry lips.
– Groom eyebrows the night before, if your eye brows are in great shape they can add a lot of definition to the eyes without having to wear makeup
– Brush and floss teeth really well (don’t forget to scrape your tongue!) and follow up with whitening treatment or if you wear plates make sure you wear them to ensure your teeth are nice and straight, keep water by your bedside and sip through the night to avoid bad breath
– Avoid nicotine, alcohol and caffeine four hours before bedtime..well preferably avoid these things all the time but I’m trying to be realistic here.
– Last but certainly not least get an early night! Beauty sleep Is REAL..lack of sleep can cause skin to sag and lose it’s lustre as well as blood vessels dilating which causes dark circles, so get eight hours sleep if you can!
Let me know if this makes a difference to y’all! I also want to hear your tricks to waking up fresh 🙂
Have a great day xxx