So we all know it’s a big no no to wear makeup to the beach (unless you are snooky or Paris Hilton) you still want to look pretty, but if you wear makeup you may walk into the water looking glam but walk out of the water looking like a drowned rat..sorry had to be said.
Here are my solutions to get beach pretty!
1. Use invisible zinc tinted daywear sunscreen, this gives high sun protection and also a bit of coverage..best of both worlds! Be sure to reapply and always apply sunscreen 20mins before sun exposure otherwise you risk it being ineffective.
2. Use Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream colour to add a pop of colour to your cheeks..it’s water resistant but be sure not to rub it off..shade 5 is what I use but there are a few colours suitable for cheeks.
3. Make sure your brows are in nice shape..use a clear brow gel to brush them into place..it won’t last after swimming but it won’t leave any stains on your face.
4. Curl your lashes (preferably with a high quality lash curler such as shu uemura) and use a clear gel on your lashes as well.
5. Apply a lip ointment such as lanolips lip ointment with colour..not only does it give you some colour but it’s also SPF 15.
6. Lastly coat your hair in a hair oil, it protects your hair and when the oil heats up in the sun it acts like a treatment.
Slip, slop, slap! Xxxxx