I love a mirror with lights 😉
Ok so something bad has happened that has caused you to cry. I’m going to give you tips for two scenarios, and hopefully this should cover you for crying emergencies 🙂
Scenario one: You are at home and have been crying all night but need to look fresh for the day 😦 these tips below are designed so that if you cry again during the day the impact on your make-up should be minimal.
– Wash your face with a gentle face wash, no exfoliating of any kind and only using tepid water. Not hot or cold as both can cause irritation and more redness.
– Soak green tea bags in cold water for 5 minutes, squeeze out excess water and hold on your eyes for 10 minutes (the antioxidants in the green tea is thought to ease puffiness) If you don’t have green tea bags get a wash cloth and dampen it with cool water (not freezing) hold it around your eye area for about 5 to 10 mins (if possible lie down and take deep breaths whilst you are doing this).
– Put a few drops of Clear Eyes eye drops in, I do no usually encourage the use of clear eyes but if you do need it try to only use it for one day. This will greatly prevent the redness of eyes temporarily.
– Have a big glass of cold water.
– Gently dry your face and apply a primer, I like the revlon photoready primer.
– Apply a light application of a sheer foundation such as make-up for ever HD foundation, then conceal any redness with a green under toned concealer ( see my concealer post if you’re wondering which ones are green under toned ).
– Then on the cheeks I would recommend the Face Of Australia face and body illuminator in the shade ‘angel blush’ this adds a tiny bit of colour as well as a glow.
– Curl lashes then apply waterproof mascara, again I wouldn’t recommend waterproof for every day use as this is bad for your lashes if worn everyday, but if you feel you will cry again i say go for it, wearing mascara will really open your eyes open and give definition without having to wear liner or shadow.
– On lips go for a nourishing lip treatment with a bit of colour such as lanolips lip ointment with colour.
Lastly put some fragrance free Huggies baby wipes, clear eyes, waterproof mascara, concealer and tissues in your bag in case you cry again through the day, if you forget these these things and are caught off guard in a public place read below!
Scenario Two: caught off guard in public ekk!
– Firstly find a bathroom!
– Take a few deep breaths, drink some water.
– Most people suggest splashing your face with water, but if you are anything like me who wears make-up every day this will make you look even worse! Instead slightly dampen (don’t drench) some toilet paper and dab to try to remove excess black make-up and cool the face.
– Once you have removed all the make-up possible and cooled your face, pat your face dry with clean dry toilet paper.
– If you have your bag and you have a cream concealer cover any redness. If you only have a powder, unless it’s super amazing coverage then I would not use it to cover redness. You end up still looking red but as though you have tried covering it up, it’s better to just try and calm down till the redness fades than packing on the make-up.
– Apply any kind of lip balm that you may have in your bag to take the attention away from your eyes.
If you are reading this and sad, I really hope this helped a little bit! Feel better xxxx